Saturday, January 24, 2009

RITFAB: Remove Ignored Threads From "Any" Browse on Ravelry.com

This is a pet peeve of mine on ravelry.com. When browsing forums, you have 4 options. You can look at only New threads (whose you haven't read at all), Watched threads (meaning you have set the watch flag on that thread), Ignored threads (these threads disappear from regular forums reading when set), or Any (all threads regardless of status).

Now, I'm of the opinion ignored threads should not show up under Any browse. When I'm browsing Any I do not want to see ignored threads. I ignored them for a reason (good, bad, silly). Particularly as you can already specifically look at ignored threads whenever you want.

They just shouldn't be in the Any browse. So there!


I present the Ravelry "remove ignored threads from Any browse" script.

Before the script:
RITFABbeforeGMscript

After the script:
RITFABafterGMscript

Version 2 of this script will append the next page to the current page as you scroll down. Also known as auto-paging.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I don't disagree - it's just that the "browse" feature was a little "let's see if this is useful" experiment that has been gathering dust for over a year :)

I don't use it myself because viewing all of my groups is too much and choosing a single board is too little but I'd like to improve it sometime.