Decided to take the plunge and make my own Region, just for fun. Building on MacOSX isn't that bad. Nice instructions available here and here
Downloaded all the stuff needed for building and running OpenSim: Mono, Xcode, and Subversion.
Here's the script I wrote, based on these pages (buildopensim is the directory I do all the opensim stuff in, your milage may vary)
#!/bin/sh
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib/pkgconfig
export PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/bin
cd buildopensim
svn co http://opensimulator.org/svn/opensim/trunk opensim
cd opensim
./runprebuild.sh
nant
cp ../buildopensim/OpenSim.ini bin/OpenSim.ini
Be sure to make the following changes to the OpenSim.ini file:
;physics = basicphysics
physics = OpenDynamicsEngine
av_capsule_radius = 0.68
av_capsule_standup_tensor_win = 1900000
av_capsule_standup_tensor_linux = 1900000
av_density = 80
Then start OpenSim
#!/bin/sh
cd myopensim
cd opensim
cd bin
mono OpenSim.exe
Still not working exactly right (can't walk into hollow boxes), but most everything else is available. Now if I can figure out how to transfer my Sculptie Studio in there so I can play with a million prims if I want
The top thing AI can do for us is the top thing that sane AI will want!
-
First a tech blip from the future/past -- and you'll see why it's
important. In my first novel Sundiver I portrayed an effective human lie
detector, that...
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment